If you have a clogged drain, call us at (480) 827-9111 and schedule a free estimate with our team.
Why Is My Drain Clogged?
There could be a variety of reasons why your water has stopped flowing down your drain. We have found that the most common culprits include:
- Foreign objects and debris
- Food blockages in kitchen sinks
- Storm backup, including leaves, grass, and sticks
- Hair in bathtub drains
- Soap scum
- Toilet paper and non-flushable objects
- Grease buildup in kitchen sinks
Depending on what is blocking your drain, and how long it has been there, you may have a few inches of clog stopping the flow. A plumber is the most efficient way to resolve any drain problems you may encounter. Call one at the first signs of trouble.
How Can I Prevent Clogged Drains?
As the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. In other words, you can save yourself from the hassle and cost of drain repairs by taking certain measures to care for your drains ahead of time. You can prevent blockages in your kitchen sink, shower, toilet, or outdoor drain by following these practices.
- Dispose of grease, fats, and cooking oils in the trash instead of pouring them down the drain.
- Install hair traps in your shower or bathtub drain.
- Only grind soft, small food particles in your garbage disposal and always flush it with plenty of water.
- Periodically pour one cup of vinegar down the drain, let it sit for 30 minutes, and follow it with hot water to break down organic buildup in your drains.
- Grind ice cubes and lemon peels in your garbage disposal to keep the blades clean and eliminate odors.
- Never use your toilet as a wastebasket.
Emergency Services & Regularly Scheduled Appointments
Licensed and insured, our technicians are highly experienced, professional plumbers who will respond quickly to any drain issue. We recommend regular cleaning and maintenance of all drains and pipes in your home to keep the water flowing smoothly as possible; however, if the event comes where a drain starts backing up and causing a major issue or flood, Smith Plumbing, Heating & Cooling offers emergency response services to address the issue. Our around-the-clock team can respond to an emergency backup whenever disaster strikes!
For more information on our services and how a drain technician can help, call us at (480) 827-9111.